10 Ways to show Your Expertise When Starting a Business
Making the transition to work from home or starting your own business can be an exciting time in your life. Unfortunately, it can also be overwhelming and daunting. You may not know what to do in the beginning if you’re not already well-known. Most potential clients want to see your work experience. But how do you get experience if you’re just starting out? You make your own experience that’s how!
Here are 9 ways to show potential clients why they need you in their life!
1. Start Writing! – That’s right. You don’t need tons of traffic or readers for your blog when you first start out. Quality content that shows your expertise is all you need. Eventually, people will start coming to your blog to read what you have to say (and keep coming back). If you cater to your audience and give them what they need not only will you demonstrate your experience but you’ll get lots of traffic eventually. Just write many forms of content, have a variety of issues, and address problems and issues that your readers have. To help you figure this type of information out, use Google Analytics to get demographics, what your readers like, and more to help you with blog topics.
2. Write an Ebook or Report – Take all your knowledge and turn it into an ebook or report. Make the report an opt-in or make it a blog post. The choice is yours. The ebook or report should offer solutions to problems or issues.
3. Publish a Book – Do you have tons to say and prefer to get it all out in one document? Writing a book and a great way to show your expertise. People tend to trust and respect authors for some reason. Maybe it’s because they have enough knowledge to write a whole book! Use that knowledge to your advantage and showcase your expertise through books.
4. Make Checklists – I don’t know about you but I love a good checklist! It’s simple and easy and allows readers to quickly get the information they need without having to read a lot of material. Once you know what types of information your audience is interested in, you can create helpful checklists, infographics, cheats sheets, or guides. Make them available for downloading or viewing on your website or blog.
5. Share your Information on Social Networks– Forums, message boards, LinkedIn, and even Quora are are great places to answer other people’s questions in a way that highlights your expertise and gives you exposure all at the same time.
6. Become a Contributing Writer – Be a guest blogger, do some sponsored post, and start writing for other websites, newspapers and magazines. Companies are always looking for experts and well-informed writers to fill in the gaps for companies that don’t have the time or knowledge needed to write articles on subject matters they want to cover. Some of these will even pay you for the content. Write original content and use your bio to send traffic your way.
7. Become a Speaker – Network at conferences and let others know you are available for speaking engagements if that’s your thing. You can also make a video and put it on your blog.
8. Youtube it – Use Youtube to demonstrate your expertise. Some people prefer video over reading so this is the perfect way to reach a bigger audience. You can do tutorials, “how to’s”, before and after videos, tips, or whatever creative endeavor that fits your niche.
9. Host a Free Webinar or Podcast – Technology enables you to do a lot to spread the word about your knowledge and expertise. If you don’t know what to talk about just quite yet, then have a guest on your podcast that you interview. Those go over well. Collaborations with others in your field or niche can really help you expand your knowledge while teaching others at the same time.
10. Create a Course – You have heard of Teachable and Udemy, right? They are great platforms to create courses on to display your expertise. Impress your readers with your course and also offer it for free to give them a taste of your skills. Later, you can create a bigger/more in-depth course and charge for it once you’ve proven your talents and abilities.
Remember, that none of these ways to show your expertise require lots of clients. The momentum will speed up as you gain followers. This will also improve your SEO and help you build your business.